This year our nomination process is a little different but hopefully easier! We created a google form to fill out the original paper nomination form. Make sure you have all of the information you'll need for nominating, because there isn't a way to save your work and come back to it later! I suggest keeping the google form open until you're completely ready to submit!
HERE'S SOME INFORMATION YOU'LL NEED TO GET FROM YOUR NOMINEE:
- Legal name
- Address (city, state, zip) and cell number
- Membership division (elementary, middle, secondary, higher ed, etc.)
- NAEA/TAEA ID # *** All of our awards are for members only, except the Friend of TAEA.
- Current Employer
- If retired, date of retirement
- Work Address and phone number
- List of degrees held, institutions, and other education *
- List of NAEA activities, leadership roles, and positions held at the national level*
- List of NAEA activities, leadership roles, and positions held at the regional level*
- List of state and local art education positions*
- List of leadership roles in other professional organizations*
- List of teaching and/or related experiences*
*The nominee can list this information out for you or you can get the information from their resume/vita
HOW TO NOMINATE A FELLOW EDUCATOR
- Tell your colleague you'd like to nominate them! Nominating someone does not have to be a surprise. In fact, you'll need their help to gather some of the information for the online nomination form as well as their resume/vita and a high-quality photo of them. Be sure to ask if they are a member of TAEA! Most of our awards are available only to TAEA members!
- Write a letter of nomination stating why you feel this educator deserves to be recognized by TAEA.
- Ask your nominee to send you an updated resume, a high-quality photo, a short bio, and some basic contact information for the online form.
- Go online to https://goo.gl/forms/rbgZ0xKabI4i9CWl1
- Fill out the google form for the nomination.
- At the end of the google form, you will be prompted to follow a link, where you can upload your nomination letter, your nominee's resume/vita, and the high quality photo.
- Put your feet up and feel the glow that comes with nominating a deserving teacher for an award!